2012年5月5日 星期六

英文倒裝句 - 比直述法更佳 (Jack Yang)

2012-0310 Jack Yang 老師筆記(p.205)

① 否定語氣的現在完成式 → 倒裝
The penguin has never been to the South Pole.
Never has the penguin  been to the South Pole.   這隻企鵝沒到過南極

② Be 動詞  → 倒裝
My new car is not only less expensive than the old one, but it also has a good gas mileage.
Not only is my new car less expensive than the old one, but it also has a goold gas mileage.  我的新車不只比舊車不貴,而且又省油

③否定~直到  → 倒裝
The clerk didn't notice the customer coming until he made his inquiry.
Not until the customer made his inquiry did the clerk notice his coming.
這店員一直沒發現他,直到他詢問。

④附和語句  → 倒裝
My colleague is exhausted.  → So am I.          我同事精疲力竭,我也是。
He is not opportunistic.    →   Neither am I.    他不投機取巧,我也不。

⑤感嘆語句  → 倒裝   so + adj/adv   ;  such + n.
My co-worker entered my office so silently.
→  So silently did my co-worker enter my office.

Our professor was such a powerful man.
→  Such a powerful man was our professor.

⑥一旦~  once 或 as soon as   → 倒裝 no sooner ~ than

As soon as she saw me, she burst out laughing.
No sooner did she see me than she burst out laughing. 她一看到我就笑出來

⑦地方語助詞  → 倒裝
There stood a  stranger.  那裏站了個陌生人




2012年5月4日 星期五

英語會話

Keep your hand off my stuff.  =  別碰我的東西
Give it back to me. =   還給我

It's really yummy. = 真好吃
It's delicious. = 真可口

We are very understaffed. = 我們現在嚴重人力不足。
It's far from ideal. = 很不理想。


Don't sweat it. = 別緊張
You're all alike. = 你們是一丘之貉
What the heck. = 管他的
Keep you pants on. = 沉住氣、忍著點
I'll be along later = 我隨後就來

You've got to do something. = 你必須想個法子
I'll be right with you. = 我馬上就來
His teacher was tearing his hair out= 他的老師氣得要命
It's for the birds= 這真無聊
Your aunt got a long face= 你姑媽的臉很臭


I really appreciate your help, especially as I aware that this project doesn't fall under your usual responsibilities. = 感謝您的幫助,特別是當我知道這計畫不屬於您的一般性職責

There's not enough space in here. 這裡面空間不夠。
I don't know if all my toys can actually go in here.  不曉得,這裡面是否可以塞下我所有的玩具。

If you don't know what the mean of  '_>'  is, then you need to ask your friend, which has already gone viral online.  如果你不知道'_>'的意思,就問朋友,這在網路上廣為流傳